Saturday, October 31, 2020

 Little Things

 

   I live in Florida so I’m used to it being pretty hot most of the time.  This morning, at barely six in the morning it’s just 52 degrees.  It’s still dark outside and a nearly full moon lights up the beach and the water.  Thank you Lord.

   Yesterday afternoon I was sitting on a balcony overlooking the beach and the Gulf of Mexico.  The sun reflecting on the water making it sparkle like millions of beautiful diamonds.  Thank you Lord.

   Nearby a great blue heron was perched, surveying the area, perhaps looking for the best place to begin the search for an afternoon meal.  Perched on one spindly leg with the other tucked up he, or she, looked awkward and kind of clumsy.  But then it took flight on a wingspan of about four to five feet and proved itself to be not only beautiful but incredibly graceful in flight.  Thank you Lord.

   We had a family get together and I got to reunite with some I’d not seen for close to two years and others that I hadn’t seen for about four years.  We had great food, good wine, and wonderful company.  As we sang along with my brother on the guitar and the drummer keeping time on the spoons since there were no drums, I couldn’t help but smile and say, “Thank you Lord.”

   I titled this “Little Things’ but these are the things that make life a pleasure, a joy and a wonderful gift from God.  It’s so easy to forget the beauty of friends, family, and the incredible nature of God’s creation.  Having time to enjoy such little things makes me realize that the so-called “big things” aren’t so big after all.

   Thank you Lord. 

Father You have blessed me in so many ways.

Each day is filled with Your love and mercy.

Grant me the tranquility to always see the little things.

The things that are some of Your greatest gifts. 

Amen

1 comment: