Sunday, October 25, 2020

 In the Eyes of God

 

   “I am who I am in the eyes of God, and nothing more.” (St. Francis of Assisi)

 

   While I am hopeful that I am living my life in a way that pleases others the only one I truly desire to please is God.

   So often I see those who are so concerned with what others think of them that they bury their own convictions and beliefs in an effort to fit in with the world at large.  But fitting in with this world is not in our best interest.  We are much better served by living so as to fit in with God’s plan regardless of whether that pleases the world.

   We are told, “Do not love the world or the things in the world.  The love of the Father is not in those who love the world.” (1 John 2: 15).  Our world is corrupted by sin and evil; much of what is loved in the world is very much at odds with the love of God.  Those who love the world many times worship the false gods of fame, fortune, and self rather than the one true God.

   The praise and acceptance of this world is not important, only God’s acceptance matters.  If others see me as a fool because of my faith, then I wish to be a fool.  If others want to persecute me because I speak up for God’s law, so be it.  I refuse to stand silent as the truths of God are besmirched and ignored.  His ways are right, and His laws are just. 

The ways of the world are steeped in sin and evil.

Your ways are the ways that lead to heaven.

The world is not my home but only a waystation.

Let me live my life pleasing only You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment