Friday, October 9, 2020

 Strength in Weakness 

   “Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Cor 12: 10) 

   No one wants to be weak; it is a sign that we can’t take care of things ourselves.  Pride tells us that weakness is wrong, we need strength instead.  Paul, however, gives us a clue as to why weakness can be a good thing.  If I never know weakness I may never seek the strength of God; in weakness I find the strength of Christ giving me strength.

   This isn’t to say that we should seek to be weak, but that weakness is a fact of life.  There will always be times when we need help to go on.  The world is broken by sin and evil and we are part of that broken world.  We need God’s help to navigate the storms of this life.

   There may be many hills to climb in life.  Some are easy while others can be quite difficult.  Regardless the hardship, Christ is there to give me strength and encouragement.  Only with His help can I hope to make the climb.

   I have found that there are also mountains in life that I’m not capable of climbing.  Times when despair and heartache are all I can feel.  It is in those times that I truly understand that there is strength in weakness.  On my weakest days is when I most feel the strength and power of Jesus in my life.  Without it, I could not prevail. 

There are good times for which I thank You.

There are also times when I feel overwhelmed.

Times when I could not go on without You.

I am blessed that You are with me always. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment