Tuesday, October 20, 2020

 Trust in God

 

   “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. (Proverbs 3: 5) 

   Trust is something that comes with great difficulty to many of us.  Even among our friends and family we sometimes withhold full trust.  Too many times we see our trust and the trust of others betrayed.  Once betrayed, trust is even harder to give.

   Even friends can sometimes be hard to trust.  Those we hear spreading damaging information concerning others are certainly not the ones with whom we should confide our own problems.  We should be very selective in choosing those we call friend.  Someone once said that while we may have many acquaintances, we should have few friends.  I consider myself truly blessed to have friends that I am comfortable trusting.

      As trustworthy as friends may be, God is the only one who is completely trustworthy in all things.  Though I trust my friends, there are still some things that I share with God alone.  In love, in happiness, in pain, and in sorrow I trust in Him.  Though I may not always understand His ways they are the right ways; though I may not like what has happened, God’s will is always to be trusted.

   The trust I have in my Lord is unexplainable.  Even in the darkest times I must trust that His purposes are right purposes.  Trust in God will always be rewarded.  In His will is a deep peace that overcomes any trial of this life.  When Job lost everything he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there; the Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1: 20).  This is the trust I must have in God; a trust that recognizes that all is in God’s hands.

   Whether rich or poor, healthy or in sickness, happy or in sorrow, I owe the Lord all my trust. 

I may not understand Your ways.

But Your ways are always right.

All my trust rests in You.

Strengthen my trust.

 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment