Wednesday, August 18, 2021

 Answered Prayers 

   “Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive.” (Matt 21: 22) 

   In some ways this scripture can imply that God is at my beck and call, that He is my servant and will provide whatever I ask.  Nothing could be further from the truth.   

   I think there is another caveat to this promise of prayer.  I must ask; I need the faith that I will receive; but I have to recognize that it must be in accord with God’s will.  All things are possible with Him, but I cannot expect that He change His will to accommodate my desires.

   The hard part is accepting “no”, or “not now” as God’s answer to my prayers.  I must understand that He knows what is best and will not grant anything that is not for my own good or is not according to His will for me.  Not only must I have faith that God can provide what I ask for, I must also have the humility to recognize that God’s will for me is always the right answer to my prayers.

   I will keep praying, and I will continue to ask for things, and I have absolute faith that the Father can do all things.  However, I will also pray that His will be done, knowing that all I ask may not be in accord with His will. 

I come to You in prayer.

I ask for those things I desire.

But only You only You know what is best.

Let me always seek and accept Your will. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment