Thursday, August 12, 2021

 Look to God 

   “Hold your eyes on God and leave the doing to him.  That is all the doing you have to worry about.” (Saint Jane Frances de Chantal) 

   I was struck when I read St. Chantal’s advice to her sisters in the Congregation of the Visitation Order that she and St. Francis de Sales founded.  To me it is a beautiful way to live my life for God.

   It’s normal for people to want to define their own way in life.  We are taught that we should be in control of our life.  But the reality is that we can never be in control of our life; God is in control.  We try to decide what is best for us when we really don’t know what is best for us.  God knows, so we should forget self and look to Him.

   “Lord, you have probed me, you know me; you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. (Psalm 139: 1 -2).  Nothing about us in unknown to God, it is by His will that we exist.  We go through life wondering, but God knows.  We change our mind for the slightest reason, God never changes.

   When I look to God, when I sincerely seek His will in my life, He will lead me.  When I let go of my earthly desires and wants, seeking His desires for me I will find happiness.  When I keep my eyes on God, He will show me the path to Him. 

Take my earthy desires.

Take my selfish wants.

Let me desire only You and Your will.

Show me the path that leads to You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment