Wednesday, August 4, 2021

 The Big Bang 

   I recently spent a very long day at Magic Kingdom in Disney World.  That evening I saw what was without question the most impressive fireworks display I have ever seen.  Leave it to Disney to pull out all stops and they certainly did with this event.

   As I watched, my mind wandered to how incredible it must have been when God created the heavens and the earth simply by speaking it into existence.  The explosions and trailing lights of the fireworks were indeed remarkable, but nothing compared with creating an entire universe; what some call the Big Bang.

   The “Big Bang Theory” of creation was first posited by a Catholic priest in the 1920’s.  A mathematician, astronomer, and professor of physics, Fr. Georges Lemaitre was a contemporary of Edwin Hubble (think the Hubble telescope) and Albert Einstein.

   I was once told that if the Big Bang theory is correct, then God had no part in it since it was all pure science.  I answered that if creation occurred because of a big bang it was because God lit the fuse.

   Maybe I’m the oddball, but I find no profit in worrying about how God has done all that He has done.  All that really matters to me is the fact that nothing exists except by the will of God. 

You created all that is.

How you did it isn’t what matters.

What matters is that You are the creator.

Nothing exists without You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment