Tuesday, August 3, 2021

 Created in God's Image 

   “When I see the heavens, the works of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you arrange, what is man that you should keep him in mind, the son of man that you care for him?” (Psalm 8: 4 -5) 

   When I see the glory of God’s creation, I wonder why He loves me, a sinful man incapable of going even a day without offending Him.  When I prostrate myself before Him in sorrow, I’m amazed that He forgives rather than condemns.

   “God created man in the image of himself, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them.” (Gen 1: 27).  When I look in a mirror, I do not see an image of God, rather I see a man guilty of sin, one who fails to do what he should, and does instead what he should not.  But scripture tells me that I am created in His image, and I place my trust in the word of God.

   God is not a physical being, so He did not create my physical being in His image.  He created me as a mortal man with an eternal soul.  A soul that desires to love Him and spend eternity with Him, one that longs for Him and can never be at rest except in Him.  A soul that is aware of the difference between right and wrong and desires what is right.

   My mortal self is of little, if any value, but the soul God placed within me is of incomparable worth.  It is in my soul that I am an image of God.  My soul belongs to Him alone and yearns to be with Him throughout eternity. 

You love me.

You desire that I spend eternity with You.

Fill me with Your spirit.

Make me Your in all ways. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment