Tuesday, August 24, 2021

God Loves Me 

   “God does not love us because we are valuable.  We are valuable because God loves us.”  (Bishop Fulton J. Sheen)  

   I need humility in my life.  It needs to guide me in everything I do, everything I say, in how I live my life.  If I begin to believe that I have intrinsic value, or especially if I somehow think I am of a higher value than God’s other children, I must stop and remember; I exist only because God chooses that I exist.

   There was no need for God to create mankind.  The world would have done quiet well with the rest of His creations; the sea, the stars, the many plants and animals.  Out of love He determined to create humanity, someone with whom He could share His overwhelming love.  Almost immediately, mankind betrayed that love in their prideful sin.  Still, His love remains.

   Not a day passes that I don’t offend God is some way; sinfulness is unavoidable in a world filled with evil.  The temptations are too often and too great for me to never fall and commit sin.  Yet, God still loves me and forgives my shortcomings and failures.

   I believe that should God ever stop loving me I would simply cease to exist.  It is by His love that I came into being and it is by His love that I remain.  My value lies only in that love.  My desire is to do return that love as best as I can.

   One day, when this live is over, I believe I will be able to love as God loves.  Until then I’ll just keep trying. 

Though I am unworthy,

You love me.

Grant me the grace.

To return that love to You.

 Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment