Sunday, August 8, 2021

 To Follow Christ 

   “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.” (Luke 9:23) 

   What does the Lord ask of me?  He asks me to replace my personal concerns and desires with His will for me.  He asks that I trust in Him, even when times are hard.  He asks that I give myself to Him without reserve.

   The cross that I must take up daily may be many things, some more difficult than others.  It can be as simple as not feeling well today or as devastating as a terminal illness.  It can be a temporary separation from the ones I love or the loss of my wife far too soon.  Whatever it may be, I can bear it because of His love and mercy.  There have been times when I felt that I could not go on, but my Lord is there beside me, to give me comfort and strength.

   Carrying my cross, whatever it may be, is possible because I know that the cares and woes of this life are short-lived.  Eternity is forever and with Jesus at my side I can carry my cross on the way. 

You give me strength,

You give me comfort.

Regardless the cross I bear,

With You all things are possible. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment