Saturday, August 28, 2021

 Inner Peace and Joy

 

   “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33) 

   What a blessing is it to know that God is in control.  He will determine all things and all things will occur according to His will.

   I look around and, like most others, I see the world in what seems to be a terrible mess.  Sin abounds, respect and love for others is at an all time low.  Our politicians and even many in our churches can’t be trusted to lead us where we need to go.  There seems to be no end to the degradation of society and the world at large.

   It would be quite easy to become despondent and question how we are to survive in such a world.  Our mortal life will come to an end on a day we do not know.  The world will cease to exist at a time known only to God.  Certainty is hard to come by, but what I am certain of is that those who believe in Him and do their best to live according to His will find eternal bliss when this life is over.

   Within me is a joy and peace in knowing that God truly is in charge; Jesus has indeed conquered the world.  There will be no end to the toils and tribulations of this world until He comes again and never should we doubt that He will come again.  He will come for each of us at our death and finally He will come in glory to renew the face of the earth.  How could I not have joy and peace in my heart when I trust in the promises of God? 

Lord, You said You will come again.

You will come and take me to Yourself.

There is great peace in this knowledge.

There is great hope in Your word. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment