Sunday, August 29, 2021

 Let God 

   We will never discover all that God desires for us until we let God rule our life.  What we think we want is not necessarily what God wants for us and what we consider our needs are most usually far from what God has in store for us.

   While we may think we know what we need and how to get it we are usually wrong on both counts.  What we truly need is to renounce our own wants and desires and seek those of God.  We need to let Him be the force in our life; the one who guides us on the path He has chosen.

   On the road of life God may lead us past many things that we think we need or want, a bigger house, more money, a better car.  Our wants and desires are by and large those of the world not those of God.  God may lead us to pain and sorrow to strengthen our faith in His healing power.  He may make us a pariah to society to teach us that the ways of the world cannot be our ways.  But in the end, He will lead us to Himself.

   The adage “let go and let God” is a life lesson we would do well to live by.  I used to see a bumper sticker that said, “God is my co-pilot”.  If so, I am in the wrong seat.  It is God who should be the pilot and I am not even qualified to be the co-pilot. 

Father, I may think I know best.

But my values are far from Yours.

Let me forsake self.

Lead me on the path You have chosen. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment