Tuesday, August 17, 2021

 God Knows Me 

   “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.” (Gen 1: 1 – 2) 

   And yet, even then He knew me.  He knew all there is to know about me, my sins, my failures, my successes.  He knew every thought that would come into my mind; He knew every decision I would ever make.  There was, and is, nothing He does not know about me.

   This gives me great peace, and at the same time is somewhat frightening.  It’s a bit disconcerting to know that nothing I do can be hidden from God.  The slightest or the most grievous sin I may commit is known to Him and has been known since before time began.

   My peace also comes from understanding that God knows all there is to know about me.  Even though He knows all my shortcomings and sins, He also knows that my greatest desire is to serve Him; to say as Mary did, “Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1: 38).  He knows that in my weakness I can never be sinless and forgives me when I come to Him in sorrow.  He knows that my desire is to never sin against Him, and though that is not possible, He gives me strength to try my best.

   The fact that God knows all about is me is a great blessing.  It says to me that I can forego the sinful desires of this world and trust in Him.  I can turn to Him in times of weakness, and He will give me strength.  I can come to Him in sorrow. and He will forgive my sins.  He knows my greatest desire is to spend eternity with Him and He will lead me there. 

You know me.

You know my sins and my failures.

Still, You love me and call me to Yourself.

In Your mercy lead me home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment