Thursday, August 19, 2021

 Life is in the Son 

   “God has given us eternal life and this life is in his Son; anyone wo has the Son has life, anyone who does not have the Son does not have life.” (1 John 5: 12) 

   There is no confusion, no alternatives, eternal life is in the Son.  It was God’s will that all be saved through His Son Jesus Christ.  There is no other path to God except by Jesus.

   If I have Jesus, it must be evident in how I live my life.  Jesus will not be a silent partner, if He is within me, I must follow Him and His ways.  There will be joys and pleasures and there will also be pain and sorrows.  The life of our Lord was filled with both, and my life will be no different.

   In the joys and pleasures I give Him my thanks, but I must also recognize that the pains and sorrows are also on the path to God.  If I wish to be with Him in the good times, I must also be with Him in the bad.  Even in the bad times He is with me, He gives me strength to carry on and the peace to know that in His will is eternal life.

   “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” (Matt 16: 24).  Jesus willingly suffered for me, He picked up His cross and carried it to Calvary.  He paid the debt for my sins by His death and resurrection.  Should I not do all He asks of me in return? 

Lord, live within me.

Let me die to self and life for You.

Let me walk the path you set before me.

The path that leads to eternal life. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment