Saturday, June 19, 2021

 Give Thanks to the Lord 

   “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, his mercy endures forever!  Let that be the prayer of the Lord’s redeemed, those redeemed from the hand of the foe.” (Psalm 107: 1 – 2) 

   How often do we give thanks to the Lord for all He has done?  I know I am not as thankful as I should be.  He has blessed me in so many and yet I sometimes take His gifts for granted.

   If the apostles had simply accepted His gifts and not shared His love and mercy with others there would be no church.  Yet today so many take the gifts of the Lord and seem to feel as though they are due those blessings.  We don’t take the time to tell others how the Lord has blessed us, and we don’t take the time each day to thank Him for them.

   We have become like the church in Laodicea, we have become lukewarm in our faith and in our thanksgiving to the Lord.  We need to fear Jesus’ admonition to those in Laodicea, “I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot.  I wish you were either cold or hot.  So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.” (Rev 3: 15 – 17).

   Throughout scripture the relationship between God and His people is depicted as a matrimonial relationship.  If we applied the same enthusiasm and thanks to the love of our spouses, never thanking them, never returning their love, the divorce rate would be far higher than it already is.  In the same way, if we ignore our relationship with our loving God, we can destroy our relationship with Him.

   He blesses us in so many ways each and every day.  Why do we find it so difficult to take the time to say thanks? 

Thank You Lord.

For Your love and mercy.

For Your forgiveness of our sins.

Thank You Lord for all Your many blessings. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment