Monday, June 21, 2021

The Darkness 

   In everyone’s life there will be some darkness.  Times when we feel abandoned or unloved.  We may feel that even God has abandoned us.  It is in times like these that prayer is most important.

   We often spend much time and money trying to woo the person we believe we are meant to be with.  We buy them gifts, we call them, we ask them out.  We want to be with them every minute of the day.  We feel that we would do anything to gain their love.  If rejected, we are devastated and lost.

   In my relationship with the Lord there are also times when I wonder where He is.  Times when it seems He has left me on my own though He knows I need Him in my life.  There is the temptation to turn to Him and ask, “Where are you Lord?  I need You!”

   The reality is that He is never far from me, He will not abandon me.  Though it may seem that He has deserted me it is not so.  These are the times when it is most important to continue in my prayers and my devotions; to go to Mass and receive the Eucharist.  These are dangerous times, times when Satan will try to convince me that He truly has abandoned me.  But it is a lie from the father of lies.

   These are also times of great growth and increase in faith and trust if I will allow them to be so.  I must understand that God is with me always and trust that He would never abandon me.  If I feel that He has, it is my misunderstanding and human fallacy that makes me think so.  In my heart I know He is here and always will be.  He is my savior; He will never leave me. 

I turn to You Lord.

You will not abandon me.

Your love is eternal.

I will always turn to You. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment