Tuesday, June 15, 2021

 New Beginnings 

   Our God is a kind and merciful God.  He gives us the opportunity to begin anew.  Even those whose life has been one of sin for many years can start over with the Lord.  He welcomes all who sincerely wish to come to Him.

   Each night I go to bed and to sleep.  In one sense I have died to the world.  I am no longer conscious of the world around me but lost in sleep.  When I awake in the morning it is a new day, a new opportunity to live this day better than the last; to serve God more completely and more faithfully.  It is a new beginning.

   But it isn’t only in the morning that God offers new beginnings.  Each time I go to Mass it is an opportunity to come to know my God more fully.  Each time I receive the the Eucharist I receive the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ, helping me to become alive to Him and dead to this sinful world.

   Confession is also a new beginning.  No matter the sins I may have committed, my Heavenly Father is waiting there to forgive me, once again showing me His mercy.  He removes my sins and offers His strength to amend my life and start anew with Him.

   Even in the simplest of prayer throughout the day He offers another chance.  I recognize my failing and turn to God, and He forgives.  In Him there is no condemnation, only love and mercy.

   Each new beginning is a blessing from God.  He desires all to be saved and spend eternity with Him in the paradise He has prepared from the beginning of time.  He will let us begin anew if we will only ask.

Your mercy is limitless.

Though I sin, You forgive.

Help me to begin anew.

To serve You in all I do. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment