Friday, June 4, 2021

 I Asked the Lord 

 

I asked why and heard nothing.

I asked when and got no reply.

I asked how and received no answer.

I asked for help and was alone.

 

At times I have wondered where You are when I need You most.

Those are the times when I seem most alone.

 

Why do You not come to me and comfort me in my pain?

Why do You not come to me and grant me wisdom in my confusion?

How am I to follow You when I don’t know where You are?

You said You are with me always but I can’t seem to find You.

 

Have You forsaken me?

Have I sinned so greatly that You no longer find me worthy?

 

Then that I realized I have been seeking the wrong answers.

The Lord will provide the answers if I choose His way.

 

When I ask why, I must say may, Your will be done.

When I ask when, I must say, in Your due time.

When I ask how, I must believe in You all things are possible.

When I ask for help, I must trust that Your help is all I need.

 

When I wondered where You were, You were beside me always.

When I felt most alone it was I who had turned away.

 

Lord help me to know You are always there even when I am lost.

 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment