Saturday, June 26, 2021

 In the Presence of God 

   “O Lord, you search me and you know me.  You yourself know my resting and my rising; you discern my thoughts from afar.” (Psalm 139: 1 – 2) 

   Wherever I go, whatever I do, I am always in the presence of God.  He is with me, He sees me, He knows me.  He knows my weaknesses; He knows my failings.  He also knows my desire to serve Him even though I am a sinful man.  Nothing that happens to me is unknown to Him and He will never abandon me.

   His presence is a strength for me.  In knowing that God is with me always encourages me to avoid sin as much as possible.  I never want to offend Him by my actions, thoughts, or words.  Though I will sometimes fail, His presence encourages me to try as best I can to follow His will in my life.

   God’s omnipresence also means that I can never hide from Him.  In the darkness of the darkest night, He sees me and knows my actions, my thoughts, and my desires.  Nothing is hidden; all is known to Him.

   Knowing that God is always with me is a tremendous blessing.  It gives me comfort and great peace.  Even though I may sin, He still is there, offering me love and forgiveness.  When I turn to Him in sorrow and repentance my sins are washed away. 

“O search me, God, and know my heart.  O test me, and know my thoughts.  See that my path is not wicked and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139: 23 – 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment