Monday, June 14, 2021

One Lord, One Way 

   “I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14: 6) 

   If Christ is not in my heart, I cannot come to know God.  If I don’t follow Jesus, I will never come to the Father.

   Going to church will not get me to heaven.  Sacrifice can’t cleanse me of my sins.  Alms will not buy my place in eternity.  While all of these are things are necessary, if they are not done with the love of Christ in my heart, they will not bring me to eternal life with the Father.

   I must begin every day trying to live as Jesus would have me live; in love, in mercy, and in caring for all.  Even though I will sometimes fail in my efforts I must make those efforts.  I must do the very best I can to follow His will in all things.

   When I fail, and I know that I will, I will come to Christ seeking forgiveness and mercy.  He will forgive if I am truly sorrowful; He will have mercy upon me if I am sincere in my desire to repent, to amend my life.  “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.” (John 3: 17).

   Jesus is the only way.  No other path to God exists.  There is no hope of heaven except in my Lord, Jesus Christ.

 

You are the way Lord Jesus.

In You is the path to heaven.

Keep me on the right path I pray.

Lead me to my Father in Heaven.

 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment