Saturday, February 26, 2022

 A Wonderful World 

“I see skies of blue and clouds of white.

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night.

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”

(“What a Wonderful World”, lyrics by George Weiss & Robert Thiele) 

   Sometimes I need to take a break from all the idiocy I find in the world today.  I need to shut it all out and try to focus of the many good things and the blessings that God bestows on us each day.

   There is certainly no shortage of things to be worried or concerned in a world that appears to have lost all sense of morality and common sense.  We are again seeing war in the world as Russia invades the Ukraine and we wonder if it will spread to other areas of the world.  There are some in the Church proclaiming heresy and openly rejected the teachings of Christ, looking instead to placate the desires of a perverse society.  Sometimes I desperately need a breath of fresh air.

   My solution might seem simplistic and maybe even a bit foolish, but it helps me maintain serenity in my life.  I look around and I see the beauty of God’s creation, the blue skies, the birds singing in the trees, and I give thanks.  I recognize the many blessings He has given me in this lifetime, and I give thanks.  I have a family and friends that I love and share much happiness with, and I give thanks.  I remember that Jesus has overcome the world, and I give thanks.

   The world seems better when I focus on the beauty that is to found and trust that the Lord has all in hand.  I can do little to change the world and prayer is the best answer.  When I do these things my heart is at peace and the concerns of the world seem less important.  I can, like Louis Armstrong, say, “And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.”

 

   Satan would have us believe we are lost; the world is overwhelmed with evil.  But the world is Yours and Satan is a liar.  Help me Lord, to focus on what is right, giving thanks and trusting You in all things.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment