Wednesday, February 23, 2022

 The Fog of Life 

   When I went for my walk early this morning it was quite foggy.  I’ve found that I somewhat enjoy walking in the fog.  It reminds me of my life which is often shrouded in fog, waiting for the clearing voice of the Lord.  I am reminded of St. Paul’s words to the Corinthians, “For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face.  Now I know only in part; but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.” (1 Cor 13: 12).

   As I walked I realized that what was ahead was a bit unknown.  The streetlamps lit the way, but even they had an eerie aura about them.  I’m very familiar with route I walk but in the fog even being confident of exactly where I was seemed difficult.

   Life is like that as well.  I know the destination I seek, eternal life with the Father.  His words and His truth light the way, but the path is sometimes uncertain.  I used to be concerned with the unknowing of what was ahead, but I know that He is with me and will see me through whatever lies in store.

   I have also noticed that the songs of the birds seem more distinct and closer on a foggy morning.  Perhaps because my vision is reduced, my hearing is more acute.  Whatever the reason it’s quite obvious.  This too is a lesson in walking the path of God.  Even when I’m not certain of the future and what it holds, the words of God are clear and unmistakable.  “Trust in the Lord forever!  For the Lord is an eternal Rock.” (Isaiah 26: 4).

   The path to heaven isn’t always easy, there will be obstacles to overcome.  Though I do not always clearly see what is ahead in life, I trust in the Lord to lead me safely to my eternal home.

 

Life is uncertain.  I’m never sure what tomorrow will bring.  It could be joy and happiness, or it could be pain and sorrow.  Whatever lies ahead, I will always trust in You to lead me home.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment