Friday, February 11, 2022

 Simple Blessings 

   Sometimes I fail to notice the simple blessings of each day.  They are always present, perhaps that's why they are so easily overlooked.  It’s good to take time to appreciate them and give thanks to God.  There is joy in all of God’s blessing, the simple as well as the amazing.

   As I ate breakfast this morning I watched squirrels running around the yard.  I’m not sure what they were doing, but it looked like they were just playing and having fun.  Whatever they were up to they gave me a smile and started my day off right.  Thank You Lord, for that simple blessing.

   There’s not a cloud in the sky and the weather is great.  I readily complain when it’s cold or when rain spoils plans, or makes them difficult, but I rarely take the time to thank God for the beauty of days like today.  Of course, each day is a blessing; we need the rain and the chilly weather just as we need the bright sunny days.  Thank You Lord, for this glorious day.

   I attended Mass at noon today and received my Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.  Many in the world don’t have that opportunity.  Some face persecutions and danger for attending Mass.  How blessed I am to live in a country where I can go to Mass every day if I choose.  Thank You Lord, for the grace and blessings of the Mass.

   I could go on, but I think I’ve made my point.  There are too many times when I ignore the simple blessings of life.  God blesses me each day and I need to thank Him for those blessings.

 

Father, in the many blessings You have given me, I sometimes overlook the simple.  Yet, they are with me each day.  Help me to recognize all Your blessings, whether great or small.  I give You thanks for each of them.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment