Wednesday, February 2, 2022

 Thoughts of Heaven

   “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,” (1 Cor 2: 9) 

   I love contemplating heaven, perhaps because my wife has gone before me, and I am looking forward to a heavenly reunion.  Though I know that heaven is far beyond my human ability to understand, it still brings me comfort to consider what might be in store.

   Heaven will be pure joy and happiness in the Lord.  What exactly that means will remain a mystery.  In my mind, human as it is, pure joy and happiness must include reunion with Karen.  Without her I can’t imagine enteral happiness.  Is this possible?  I obviously don’t know.

   It is impossible for me to understand heaven, so realistically I shouldn’t have any expectations, but somehow I do.  I think most of us have an image of what heaven will be like.  I’m sure many, like me, are looking forward to a heavenly reunion.  Others talk of hoping their pets will be there.  None of us have any idea of what it will be, but we all like to speculate and hope.

   In that hope is where I place my belief that somehow at least some of what we desire for heaven will exist in some manner.  That makes me think that heaven may be different for each of us.  Still, I don’t know and won’t know in this lifetime.

   What I do know is that God has prepared an eternity of perfection for those who believe.  Will it include pets and loving reunions?  I don’t know.  Jesus told His disciples, “In my Father’s house there are many mansions.” (John 14: 2).  What those mansions will hold for us remains to be seen. 

Heaven is a mystery.

A mystery I can’t solve.

A place of perfection in every way.

When it’s time, take me there Lord. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment