Saturday, February 12, 2022

 The Love of God 

   “Say to yourself over and over again regardless of what happens: ‘God loves me!’  And then add: ‘And I will try to love Him!’” (Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen) 

   If I can always keep in mind that God is pure love and that He loves me life will never get the better of me.  Though there is nothing I can do to make myself worthy of His love, His decision to love me makes me worthy.

   When I consider the depth of His love for me there is nothing in life that can discourage me.  Without His love, I would not exist, it is that love that causes me to be.  The deep-seated joy and peace that comes from His love will help me overcome any obstacle I may face.

   Loving Him in return is also a joyful experience even though I can never love as He does.  This, I think, is in part  what St. Augustine meant when He wrote, “Our heart is restless until it rests in you.”  To know and share the love of God brings great peace and rest.  Without it I don’t believe I can ever know the true meaning of peace.

   I am far from being a perfect man; I am no where near being as holy as God wishes me to be.  However, His love and my willingness to accept that love and act upon it is what can help me become holy.  In His love I can find the path to heaven.  Without it I’m lost in a sinful world.

   Never, never doubt God’s love.  Regardless of past sins or failures, He still loves and wants nothing more than to forgive.  His mercy is endless and is there for the asking.

 

You are love and You love me.  Though I am a sinful man You want me to come to You and know Your love.  I open my heart to You.  I want to know Your love and I want to love You with my whole being.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment