Saturday, February 19, 2022

 Troubled Waters 

   We shall steer safely through every storm, so long as our heart is right, our intention fervent, our courage steadfast, and our trust fixed on God." (St. Francis de Sales) 

   I have been accused of being an optimist, at times unreasonably optimistic.  I must admit I tend to look for the positive rather than the negative in life.  Not because I don’t recognize the many problems that exist, but because I know that all is in God’s hands and regardless of what happens, things will, in the end, conform to His holy will.

   I can personally attest to the loss of spirituality and morality in our nation and in our culture during my lifetime.  It is obvious in the music we hear, the books we read, in the television and movies that we watch.  Things that used to be considered taboo, excessively vulgar language, graphic violence, and even explicit and/or deviant sex, are commonplace in all areas of our life.

   I remain optimistic in such times because I recognize that all this will pass just as it has come and gone before.  I know that all evil is of Satan and that our Lord, Jesus Christ overcame Satan and his evil two thousand years ago on a cross at Calvary.  By His death, resurrection, and ascension, He put the evil one on notice that his time was limited.  Perhaps the end is near and that is why evil has again become so prevalent.  Satan wants to steal as many souls as possible before Jesus comes again in glory.

   My optimism may seem unrealistic and even foolish, but it is based on the words of Christ, “These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace.  In the world you shall have distress.  But have confidence, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33).  Amen, Lord!

 

Help me navigate the evils of this world.  Keep me on the right path, Lord.  Never let me forget that You have overcome evil, and the best is yet to come.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment