Thursday, February 24, 2022

 Why? 

   In some ways we never grow up.  As children anytime we were told no, or something didn’t go our way, the immediate response was “Why?"  We may have grown older, and we may have gotten wiser but somehow that childish response never leaves us.  We always want to know why.

   In my life I have experienced some hardships and heartaches, for which I, of course, asked why.  But looking back now, I can usually see the why or at least realize that there was no need to know why.  Some things are as they are and there really is no answer to “Why”?

   I’ve also experienced many tremendous blessing.  But I notice that I rarely demand a reason for them.  I simply accept them and move on as if they are my due.  Sadly, I don't always take the time to thank God for the blessings, though I'm likely question the difficulties in life.

   We are rarely as quick to accept the bad and move on.  We want a reason; we think we have been mistreated in some way.  We ask how a loving God could allow this to have happened?  We willingly accept His blessings, but we balk when He challenges our faith in some way.  As Job reminds us, “We accept good things from God, we must accept trouble as well.” (Job 2: 10).

   Even in the worst of times, we must trust in the Lord.  His love for us is eternal and His mercy is endless.  In the times when we don’t understand we must remember the words of God to the prophet Isaiah, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, or are your ways my ways, says the Lord.” (Isaiah 55: 8).

 

We always want to know why, but sometimes there is no answer, it simply is.  Help us to always trust in You.  Help us to remember that, even in difficulty, You want only what is good even though we may not understand.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment