Tuesday, February 22, 2022

 Praise and Thanksgiving to God

 

I was in the depths of despair; my spirit was broken.

There was no joy left in me; the happiness was gone.

It was if my heart had been ripped from my body.

My world seemed at an end, my life in tatters.

 

I could see no reason to continue.

I saw no way out of the abyss.

Pain and sorrow was all that remained.

I felt my life was over; I longed for it to end.

 

But You Lord, did not desert me.

You lifted me up from the depths.

By Your love and mercy, You saved me.

You restored my soul.

 

I was lost, but You put the path before me.

It was Your spirit that raised me up.

In You I have found peace and serenity.

It was You who again gave me purpose.

 

When I felt abandoned, You came to me.

You gave me new life, new promise, new hope.

Forever will I give You praise and thanksgiving.

For You have rescued me!

No comments:

Post a Comment