Monday, February 7, 2022

 Commitment 

   I have chosen a path, but if I am will not commit myself to that path it does me no good.  I must not choose those things that please me and ignore the harder teachings of the path I’ve chosen.  Jesus’ words are not to be looked at as choices but as commandments from God.

   If I am not willing to commitment myself to the greater good of God’s plan for me I am wasting my time.  If I am not willing to take the bad with the good and give Him thanks for both, I don’t understand His love for me.  If I will not sincerely commit myself to His will I cannot expect eternal life in heaven.

   Jesus said, “Enter through the narrow gate, for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and those who find it are few in number.” (Matt 7: 13 – 14).  The gate to destruction has become even wider in the world today, while those who are willing to seek the narrow gate grow fewer.  Most choose the easiest path rather than the right one.

   Commitment can be hard, it requires perseverance, strength, and most of all, trust in the Lord.  If I do not do all that is possible to uphold the commitment I’ve made I am lying to myself.  Worse, I am lying to God.

 

Lord, give me the wisdom to know the path You have chosen for me.  Give me the strength and perseverance to remain on that path.  I commit myself to You, take possession of me, use me as You will.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment